Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Love- Mixed Media Wall Art and Tutorial

Hello friends!
I have a Mixed Media Wall art and fridge magnet to share today along with a step by step tutorial. Here's a look at what I have created :

This wall hanging would make a perfect accent to your craft room or even as a home decor and I have created this based on the current theme this month at Pretty Paper Studio which is “LOVE”. I have a step by step tutorial on how I have created this, so sit back and relax and hope you enjoy seeing the creative process .

 I first started by roughly drawing a freehand heart shape on a recycled cardboard packaging and fussy cutting it and for the magnet, I have die – cut a heart shape using my die directly on the cardboard. I have used papers from 6″ X 6″ Crate Paper pad : Craft Market collection.

After I had cut the heart shape, I cut out the papers from my paper pad and glued them on the cardboard base. (The brown woodgrain & dotted paper). Then it was time to add some texture to the base so I used Tim Holt Lace stencil and embossing paste along with some Heidi Swapp mists to create my background.

This is how the base looks once the embossing was done . On my dotted heart, I mixed some blue mist with my embossing paste before applying it through the stencil.

This is how the base looks once the embossing was done . On my dotted heart, I mixed some blue mist with my embossing paste before applying it through the stencil.

To create more background texture, I water colored two images from Prima Marketing Everyday Vintage Paintables Cards- Bohemian 4 ”X 6” using my Distress inks and I fussy cut the images and layered them on my heart base.

After I watercolored and fussy cut my image it was time to start embellishing and putting down all my elements on my heart base . I decided to use the Prima Marketing Resin icons in a Box- Chalk Black Lock and Key Sets for this, so I painted it with gesso and colored it with my mist to give it a hint of blue.

After playing around with my embellishments, I finally arranged them on my final piece. I have used handmade flowers and some die cut and colored leaves using Joy! Crafts Die- Leaf #2, added a American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Stamped Myflair Flairs – Embossed Gold along with the Prima Marketing Resin icons in a Box- Chalk Black Lock and Key Set.

 I also made a co-ordinating fridge magnet  to go with my wall hanging :

For the fridge magnet, I have used paper from Crate paper : Craft Market collection 6 ” X 6″ paper pad. I have die-cut a scalloped circle from this paper pad and have foam mounted it on my heart base and used some mulberry flowers and a Prima Resin Icon Key to embellish it, finally used some sequins to finish my project.

w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal
I'm linking my wall hanging and fridge magnet to the Winnie and Walter Belated Second Birthday challenge-
Anything but a card, Gold + Watercolor challenge with Heather (I have watercolored the Prima Paintable image) and Floral challenge with Lydia

Also entering it in the Artful Crafting- Love challenge.

I hope you liked my post and tutorial. Do leave me your comments/suggestions. I always look forward to them. :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow. Splendid work. Loved the emblishments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful & coordinate so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you created hearts! The embellishment and arrangement is so cool! Gorgeous project! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous!!! i love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. double love to you these projects dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Wow Hussena... what a wonderful project... Loving it! Thanks for playing in the AC challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! also love the fact that the Love project is not red :D
    thank you for playing along <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. My God Hussena! You are so creative mashallah.
    love your project.
    Thanks for playing along.
    <3 Saba

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! LOVE all the beautiful textures! Gorgeous project! Thanks so much for playing along with my Gold and Watercolor Challenge at Winnie and Walter!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete