Sunday, September 27, 2015

Dream- Mixed Media Canvas

Hello, friends!
I am back again sharing a Mixed Media Canvas I have made using our Papericious's this month's release - "The Vintage Attire" and "The Golden Garden" collections. The Vintage Attire premium collection has some really beautiful prints, perfect for creating any backgrounds and all the Mixed Media fans would love the designs in this pack. I have used the Vintage Attire to create the base of my canvas design by doing paper tearing and layering these papers using Gel Medium, then I gessoed over it. Here's a look at it :


 Close-up of the sentiment and textures :

 To create the background of my canvas, I have layered strips of paper from The Vintage Attire collection by Papericious, then did stenciling using stencils from MFT and Tim Holtz using Wendy Vecchi Embossing paste in white. Once it dried, I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists- Hottie Pattotie. I have paper pieced some flowers and leaves from The Golden Garden collection by Papericious  and then embellished it using MDF pieces, a white resin frame and my handmade flowers, and some pollen fillers too.
The sentiment is stamped using Visible image stamp and heat embossed it using White embossing powder on a black cardstock paper. The word 'Dream' are alpha stickers from the Chickaniddy Crafts- Date Night collection which I have colored with Versafine Onyx black ink and added Glossy Accents over it.

My canvas was inspired by the this time's gorgeous inspiration photograph at the Scrap Around the World blog and it measures 10 X 10 inches. Here's a look at the beautiful picture :
I was inspired by the colors, the soft pink and the browns and the beautiful flower on the book and the script background. 
I'm also entering this in the PPS September challenge- Embossing. I've done heat embossing on the sentiment and on the MDF pieces.
I am entering this canvas for this month's STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenge - Sep  ( I have used  stencils on my background )
                                         
I have taken bits of the inspiration picture and included in my canvas. The quote is perfect with the theme of my canvas, too! Taking time to live life does, indeed inspire our work. :)

Hope you like my work. Your comments totally make my day, so do leave me your feedback.
Have a nice day everyone.

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic! Such amazing collage of all the media!! Especially love the way you've merged the stencil elements to the DP patterns - I can't even make out where one ends and the other begins - love that seamless merging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous project!!! Love the choice of colors and the soft look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love t whole composition and colors...awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your canvas is just stunning!! I love it to bits!! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning !!!!! I love the composition of all the elements and the color combo you used !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous canvas, Hussena!! Layers and colors are so perfect!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at SATW this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It ABSOLUTE treat to eyes Hussena !! Soft ,pretty ! I loved the background ..so many element but not at all cluttery !Happy to see you back n participating in challenges !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning canvas! Love the composition and the colors! Great work! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, delicate details! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has it all...wonderful colors, texture and overall design! So happy you could join us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally in love with your soft an sweet canvas Hussena. The quote has deep meaning and all the beautiful elements used really shine your work. I'm so glad to see your beautiful canvas entered in the STAMPlorations September August Mixed Media Challenge. Thak you for your support and do make a come back this month will you :) Happy creating!
    Hugs&Smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing canvas! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap Around the World! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete